I was really impressed with how easy the whole thing was. Super easy. I filled out one form and had three quotes for a solar system from different companies within 24 hours.
This is a guide to finding a handyman. A handyman that will get the job done right the first time.
Having a handyman on call is always a good idea. You never know when something may break down, or you need a little addition, or you may not have the expensive tools required to do something right. Finding a reliable handyman is a lot easier thanks to Service Central, but its also important to know how to choose the right handyman for your needs.
When you meet local handymen there are a few pieces of information you should ask for. Many handymen will offer this information willingly, making the meet and greet process that much easier, but don’t be afraid to ask all handymen that you meet. You’ll need to get at least:
- A history of each handyman’s work
- Handyman credentials, including things like insurance certificates, licences and qualifications if required.
- Referrals from previous customers
It is also highly recommended when choosing a handyman that you:
- Talk to at least three different handymen. Get quotes on price and estimates on how long it will take to complete your list of projects.
- Walk through your house with the handyman. Point out all the tasks on your list. It will give him/her the chance to ask questions, as well as better understand your expectations and needs for the job.
- Know what’s included in the price, for instance: Are they charging you a callout fee? Can you purchase the building materials yourself, rather than paying for the handyman’s drive time to-and-from the hardware store?
- Expect good service. Expect good timekeeping. Expect fair negotiation.
- Expect cleanliness. Unlike most husbands, a good handyman will clean up the mess when his work is done!
What customers are saying about our services
Thanks to the team at The Quote Company for organising quotes for me to replace my air conditioner – the whole process was quick and easy!!!
Indeed it made life easier by sourcing quotes and information from a number of sources. In fact, it's quite astonishing how much I saved by not blindly choosing the first company I found. I'd like if this service was available in many aspects of my life!
I'd been thinking about getting solar panels on our commercial building for a long time - but kept putting it off and in to the "too hard" basket. Then I decided to get three proposals. The three companies (two in particular) that contacted me were excellent and explained everything. It was well worth it.